View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #17492
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia View Post
Started another Kate Shugak book today, number nine, Hunter's Moon. These mysteries are pretty short, so I try to space them out so that I don't get up to date on the series too quickly. Every time I've finished one, I just want to start the next one. I like both the setting (rural Alaska), and the characters.
If you like Kate Shugak, you may also like Jessie Arnold, Alaska's premier female "musher", who makes her debut in Murder on the Iditarod Trail by Sue Henry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I absolutely loved my re-read of the first eleven Dresden Files books! I'd planned to go on to the end of the series with the last three books, but this point is a good place to pause as the arrival of James Potter and the Morrigan Web seems to be an omen of good fortune. So for now that pause will be filled with the new G. Norman Lippert book!
I'm starting the Harry Dresden books very soon -- they've been on my "need to read as soon as possible" list for quite some time. And how have I missed the James Potter series. It took me a long time to figure out where to get the first 3 books, but I finally tracked them down. Thanks for your cover to book #4 -- it's very (VERY) well done.

------------------

For now, I'm reading Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison, the eighth in her Hollows paranormal series. I can't seem to catch up since #13 is being released in October and #14 is scheduled for next year!

I'm also listening to Room by Emma Donoghue. It's absolutely fascinating!

Last edited by Hampshire Nanny; 08-25-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote