View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #6
markpearl
Enthusiast
markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
MOBI does not support style sheets. Mobi uses a super set of HTML 3. It allows for limited inline styling which calibre will translate form EPUB to what Mobi supports.

You need to have the EPUB formatted without paragraph spacing and with the first paragraph unindented with css before converting to Mobi. This will produce the output you want.
The EPUB is already formatted with no paragraph spacing. And if I change all the EPUB css formatting to "0" indent, as I already tried, Calibre then indents all paragraphs when converting to Mobi. So I'm back to where I was: no lines between paragraphs, but indents where there should be none. Calibre overrides the css formatting and makes no distinction between the "no-indent" css instruction and the "indent" one.
markpearl is offline   Reply With Quote