View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
ametzler
Zealot
ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ametzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehane View Post
Anyone here read The Rook by Daniel O'Malley? It's been recommended to me by a friend (disclaimer: said friend's girlfriend is a friend of the author). Seems to be quite a few good reviews around the net, but I'd be interested in hearing what other people liked or didn't like about it. My library has 9 people on the waitlist ahead of me, but there are loads of copies so I should get it in about a month. My friend's copy is doing the rounds in another state.
It is a shallow, occassionally fun read. I liked the initial setup (memory/identity loss) and the basic idea but it was not a page-turner. - The characters stayed too thin to make me care about them, and the plot is not thrilling enough to make one keep on reading.

A bit like Jasper Fforde, just less good.
ametzler is offline   Reply With Quote