Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #345
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Yes, I understand that. I was trying to ascertain whether, when the new app "disappears", do ALL features disappear or just the clock visibility. I don't mean the files themselves, I mean the functionality.

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to help fix this problem, but the more facts available to someone with the technical know-how, the better.
The features don't "disappear" so much as the T1 goes back to running the stock reader. (F'rex, the font selections go back to the default ones.)

That said, I have experimented and found that the no-root installer can be used on a rooted T1, and that doing so means that the changes survive a reboot.