View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
mobi555
mobi555 began at the beginning.

Device: various apps on PC
Does Calibre have the ability to do highlights & annotations?

Hello!

I am wondering if Calibre's reader can make highlights and annotations (I am using the software for the PC). I have tried to search for the functions, but have not come across them. Might there be a plugin for the features? (If there is, might you instruct me on how to find and install it, as I am brand new to everything.)

I also wanted to ask -- the Kindle app for the PC creates a .mbp file that contains all of the highlights, annotations and bookmarks, (kind of similar to the "My Clippings" file for the Kindle device, although they are not the same). (I should mention here that I just utilize the Kindle app for the PC, but do not have a Kindle device.) Does Calibre have a way of utilizing the .mbp at all, or, might it create a file similar to it? The reason I am asking is the .mbp file can be converted into a .txt file, thus allowing you to have a copy of all of your notes and highlights. So my questions would be ... 1) can Calibre utilize the .mbp file that is generated by the Kindle's PC app (i.e., both read it and add to it), and 2) is there a function in Calibre that does this itself, and which generates a document that is readable by the user?

I have read something about "Fetch Annotations", but it seems that the Kindle device is needed for that.

As I mentioned, I am brand new to everything, so if you might explain it in a basic way, in as much detail as possible, I would be very grateful!

Thank you so much for your time! I just appreciate it so!

Last edited by mobi555; 06-22-2011 at 01:29 AM.
mobi555 is offline   Reply With Quote