View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanDescole View Post
@BetterRed: Your idea looked very good, but after trying... It doesn't work. Calibre doesn't let me add .lnk files. When I try to do so, it "opens" the shortcut, taking me to the folder it points to. I have tried other ways to add it, and it seems impossible... It doesn't treat the .lnk as a file.

@JuanDescole - I believe it does work, it's my probably explanation that doesn't work.

My 'methods' do NOT put the extra material (source code, videos etc) into the book folder created by Calibre.

The method I suggested provides the means to access the extra material from within the Calibre program via the use of Shortcut (.lnk) files. The material itself must be stored and managed outside of the Calibre Library folders. Calibre is only aware of the .lnk file, it is NOT aware of whatever the .lnk file is targeting - Windows takes care of that.

In Capture1 you see the Add books settings - I've underlined the critical setting. And you also see two explorer windows

The one on the left is the Calibre's book folder for "Program in KDF 9 ..." - I used the "click to open" link in Book Details to open the explorer window - I need to open it that so that I can copy the file name of the ebook into the clipboard.

The one on the right is a Test Links folder I created - the source code etc is in the folder "Auto Coder Samples", I created a shortcut to that folder and renamed it "Program in KDF 9 Autocoder - Fred Bloggs.lnk" - by pasting the file name I copied into the clipboard from the book folder - this ensures it's EXACTLY the same.

In Capture2 I've drag/dropped the Program in KDF 9 Autocoder - Fred Bloggs.lnk file from the Test Links folder into the main Calibre book list area. Calibre pops a message telling me about the 'duplicate' book and how it's merged it according to the Add Books settings - I click OK

In Capture3 you see the results - the Book folder has a copy of the shortcut file, the Book Details panel shows a LNK format

When I click on the LNK format in the Book Details I see the content of "Test Links\Auto Coder Samples" which is the target of "Program in KDF 9 Autocoder - Fred Bloggs.lnk"

BR

I hope no one expected to see KDF 9 Autocoder samples. You can see Atlas Autocoder here. KDF 9 Autocoder was more or less the same.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	634
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	99991   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	506
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	99992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	524