View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by audeojude View Post
What does calibre load into memory when it starts? On my system on start up it has a footprint of 968 megs of ram.

Since calibre is one of my most used programs and I have 8 gigs of ram this doesn't really inconvenience me but I was curious about why memory use is so high.

I have a very large library if that helps.

system is ubuntu linux 64 bit 12.04
older intel quad core with 8 gigs of ram.

I am always running the latest version of calibre.
I only have 32 bit Ubuntu (none over 2G RAM): The foot print is smaller than on my windows boxes and about half of what you report.
By any chance is the:
metatdata backup still running (right-click Library Icon: backup status)?
Is the Task wheel spinning (scanning a device)?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote