View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 01:56 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastan View Post
<snip>

For the money the Novel is a VERY acceptable device. But you cannot have the attitude that you are paying for a Yugo but expect the performance of a Porsche and be happy with it.
Very well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbles View Post
The touch screen is erratic, especially if you use your finger. Tucked under the bottom right hand corner is a cheap chintzy stylus that just screams "break me!" I use an orange stick instead. Still erratic but much better.
It uses a resistant touchscreen, right? They react not as well to finger touch as a capacitive does. But you try to use a stylus on a capacitive one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbles View Post
It is heavy (heavier), with silicone sleeve it weighs a third more that my 650 with cover.

Battery life is poor. Less than ten hours on a charge and this is just reading.
Comparing a tablet to an e-ink reader will always favour the reader. That's really comparing apples with pears. They look somewhat the same, can be used for most of the same purposes, but are completely different things.

Less than ten hours? First, that doesn't say anything. My JE100 is less than 10 hours. And I doubt the average Ipad user gets more than 10 hours. Less than 3 hours, I agree, that would be poor. I find everything between 3 and 6 average, 6 to 9 good, and over 9 very good.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote