View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 01:28 PM   #31
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Well, it is not really a cropping problem in itself. As one can see here, the png's look just fine. However, when I open the imp file (either on EB-1150 or on the computer) the scroll bar of the EB-1150 at the bottom of the screen overlaps a little bit with the image and the first letters of the words in the text cannot be seen.
Hmm, can you run it manually and try specifying a lower hres? ie. run the command
Code:
<install-dir>\pdfread-run.cmd -p eb1150 --hres 454 <pdf-file>
. Can you please experiment and let me know what is the optimal resolution at which it doesn't get cut? If you do so, I will update the profile in the next release.

Quote:
Also, in some pages, the last line of text in the page is being "cut" by the crop, and becomes completely illegible, as one can see here . One possible solution that I can see is to crop the pages so that the bottom of one page would overlap with the top of the next page. In case the text is being cropped and the last line is illegible, this solution would allow one to read the line in question on the next page. Of course, this would probably generate some redundancies, but it's preferable to have the same line of text twice than not to have it at all.
Well, that is already implemented! If you look closely, over 3 lines of text are overlapping between pages. The line that is cropped on page 1 already appears as the 3rd line on page 2. The amount of overlap is controlled by the "overlap" parameter, which is set to 45 pixels in the eb1150 profile.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote