View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 03:08 AM   #86
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
So, you are admitting you lied, right?

And "not like you":

http://robertbez.blogspot.com/2009/0...-kindle-2.html

'nuff sed...
Do you really expect Robert to immediately praise another manufacturer's unit, on four hours sleep after a long plane ride? I'd be a little touchy too in that situation, especially with a unit that looks so much like the forthcoming Mentor line and is so similar in specs. For that matter, I'd be touchy on the subject with the full allotment of sleep and without the plane ride!
Robert's human. As are we all.
Robert is graceful enough to come here, put forth his ideas and expectations, and actually listen to our feedback. Do you see anyone from Amazon or Sony doing that? They may BE here, but they sure don't interact with us on the level that Robert does. Robert, in representation of Astak, has the one priceless quality that is very rarely found - accessibility. He may not always be right, and he may type before he thinks sometimes, but that can be said of all of us.
I for one appreciate his sharing of thoughts with us, and his keeping us as up to date as he can on what's going on with the EZ Reader and Mentor lines.
His plans may not always come to fruition in the time frame he expects, but he does try, and he does keep us informed.
I own an EZ Reader. I got it from the promotion Robert ran for Mobileread members to get the colored units produced for CES 2009. I made one comment about .lit files not working as expected, and he immediately responded and I got a firmware update in two days. The unit is built like a tank, I've dropped it, sat on it, and exposed it to cat fur, and never a glitch except for the aforementioned .lit file issue which is now fixed, thanks to Robert. I've never seen customer service like that anywhere else.
Regardless of how the preceding paragraphs sound, no, I don't think Robert walks on water. He's as human as the rest of us, and just as entitled to mistakes, mistypings, and forgiveness.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote