View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #21
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I wonder how many pages Elsi has.
Not that many. 8.5 pages of books -- 35 of which are samples. 5 are newly purchased books from Baen/Webscriptions -- the Herris Serrano series by Elizabeth Moon. I've got a couple of text files with reading lists, series order, etc. Most of the TOR freebies are on the Kindle as are several freebies "purchased" at Amazon purely because they were free. (Since those are mostly SFF or mysteries, they'll get read.) I've got at least 20 books downloaded from MobileRead; the MobileRead and Feedbooks download guides, and one "news feed" from Feedbooks.

I will keep the samples on the Kindle until I either buy the book or decide that I'm not going to buy it at all. They serve as reminders and prompts for me when I'm sulking and looking for something to read.

I do have to confess that I performed maintenance on the Kindle this morning when I was loading the Herris Serrano novels. I deleted 11 books that I had already read, 2 "books" that were experimental conversions from PDF files, 6 back "issues" of the download guides, 2 samples (of books that I had purchased), and 2 books that I just am not in a mood to read any time soon. So, I was probably up to 11 or 12 pages before the maintenance.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote