View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #146
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmurph View Post
That's exactly it. I've been viewing them from my 5th gen iPod Touch and my husband's iPad (both retina displays), and the colors are more saturated and brighter. However, only the images provided by Amazon look that way. The images uploaded by customers look normal (less saturated and darker).

I just viewed them from my laptop and the Amazon ones look normal now. Weird. I've seen saturation and hues vary from one display to the next, but it's always affected *all* images, not just certain ones. My guess is that Amazon's images were saved using a different palette than the others (like CMYK instead of RGB) and that those colors just appear brighter on Apple's displays.
Yes I believe it has something to do with color space. But I would not go as far as cmyk for amazon. Even in rgb there is different versions - see http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_space for example. Not sure if apple screws that up on purpose, or maybe ios default translation from one space to the display color space is overcompensating. I only know for sure that there is a reason why calibrating a monitor is so damn expensive - especially if you depend on it for a living (e.g. printproofing).
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote