View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #167
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
So far the reviews have been very strong for the hardware aspect. They think the O/S is an interesting alternative to iOS and Android, but it lags a bit. The major negative has uniformly been the dearth of apps, which we all knew before any reviews. Although, I think most apps can be replaced by the actual website. I don't think any reviewer gave the proper importance to the Office suite preloaded on RT though.

Overall, I plan to check out the Surface at a popup store in NYC on Friday and buy it after I put it through its paces, assuming it passes. I'll base my decision on HD video over netflix and youtube, Word on a complex document, excel on a financial model, powerpoint, the 2 keyboards, and general web browsing. I'm undecided on which keyboard to buy.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote