View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #15
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Oh, unless the judge orders apply Apple to divest iBooks they definitely have won.
They had no presence in ebooks and are now without question the only real alternative to Amazon in the US and one of only two serious challengers on the global scale. No way do they get there without the conspiracy.
The bad publicity will fade with the next "miraculous release" but the 15%-and-growing market share will remain.

The only player that made out better than Apple out of the conspiracy is Amazon. And that because they didn't have to break the law to reap its many benefits.

(The list of losers starts with consumers and goes on from there, most prominently including everybody else in the conspiracy.)
Well, I don't know where the 15% number comes from, but we have one client--ONE--that is selling well at iBooks. All the rest? Sell about 1 book at iBooks for every 1,000 they sell at Amazon, and every 100~ that they sell at B&N. I don't think that Apple really gives two craps about eBooks, not at all. They were way behind the curve, and have tried to control what real publishers do just as they've endeavored to control app developers.

And, no, I don't think Jobs had it all planned out.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote