Thread: KOBO Rocks!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #215
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Thanks very much. The page looks great. (Still, Kobo could reduce that friggin' page number space usage...)

Did you set the minimum spacing and margin in the device, or did you use a trick such as changing the config file?

36 lines of 66 characters is a total of 2376 characters per page. That's exactly what an average paperback would display. (They averages around 2400, at least the ones from Del Rey, Ballantine and Random House I've counted.)

I hope the font size is comparable to that of a paperback as well. Can the Aura make screenshots you could post? (The Kindle can do this by simultaneously tapping two opposite corners.) Then I could resize the Aura's screenshot to match the Kindle's, and compare them.

Does the chapter graph and time to read work if you convert an epub to kepub? I could understand that the graph is not calculated, but is coded into the kepub, but I'd expect time to read to work. It does with books side-loaded to the Kindle. I don't really mind the graph, but I did get a wee bit attached to Time to Read. I know, a paper book doesn't have that, but it's nice to know how long a book is going to take me to read. If I don't have much time, I wouldn't start a book that'd take me 40 hours.

Last edited by Katsunami; 04-25-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote