View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #13
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I would love to get electronic versions of all my mag subscriptions--in fact, if they were available, I'd add some subscriptions to my list (note to publishers: Steve Jordan is offering you more money!). The constant growth of bulk paper in my house is not only a bother, it's a source of embarrassment for someone like me who tries to live low-impact wherever possible. (On the other hand, the south wall of my basement is incredibly well insulated now...)

Even making each magazine available as PDFs would work for me, as I could read them on my PC or laptop when on the go, and down the road there might be the option to create tagged versions, or convert them to another format, for PPCs.
Have you checked out Zinio?

I love the main stream magazines! Lady's Journal, Good Housekeeping, Consumer Reports, Runners World, Yoga Journal, National Geographic, Southern Living, etc......I've subscribed to all of them at one time or another. But I have a really, really hard time throwing them away and so they stack up all over the place.

A couple of years ago I decided I needed to simplify (get rid of all my clutter). I did not renew any magazine subscriptions....For a time I could get my magazine fix by visiting my elderly grandma...but when she passed.......well, I really miss my magazines (I miss my grandma too :-)). I've been checking out Zinio and I might be ready to renew some subscriptions...I just wish I could read them on my Cybook or my Pocket PC.

Last edited by ProfJulie; 05-21-2008 at 03:37 PM.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote