View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #14
vercetti
vercetti began at the beginning.

Device: none
hey guys,

i've been into android tablets for quite some weeks now and after some time (i'm pretty sure) i found the best one so far. it's not out yet but will most likely hit the shelves around december 2010, january 2011.
it's from a company in india called notionink, the tablet is called "adam".

you just have to check it out. there are so many people awaiting it, the blog is going crazy on their site and i have not found a single tablet offering more features (especially the PixelQi display) than any other tablet so far and all for a great price (will be between 350 and 500 dollars depending on which version you get).

PixelQi for those who do not know: it's a hybrid display meaning that it has a normal backlit display (like any other monitor/display) but you also have the option to turn off the backlight making the screen live off sunlight. so it functions outdoors in bright sunlight! also, pixelqi has a e-paper mode changing the screen to an e-ink similar screen, using very little battery.

the adam runs a dual core cpu!!, has nvidias newest tegra2 chip, has 1gb ram, 3usb ports, a (180degree) swivel camera, touchpad on the backside of the device!, hdmi, sd-card slot, depending on which screen mode you run you can get many many hours of battery life, display size is 10inch, 1024x600 (the only downside for me personally), it will feature its own market store called genesis, will pretty sure run android 2.2 and most likely be upgradeable to 3.0 (the developer of the device is active in the blog and has taken many inputs from fans so far, right now there's a contest going on to design the company's logo, hehe), and and and...

just check out this tablet, but remember that most videos you'll find on youtube are from many months ago as this tablet has been introduced early this year and has been in development stage for a long time now. gladly it will finally be released soon!

notionink.wordpress.com for the blog
and notionink.in for the small homepage with detailed specs and couple pix.

and no, i'm not from the company or anything alike, i just want to inform everyone about this product - i haven't found a better tablet yet, hands down.
still i probably won't be getting one cuz i don't like the fact of it having a 1024x600 screen. for me a tablet should be all for reading and surfing (which of course is also reading). and the 600pixels are just not ideal for doing that. i don't want to scroll around the whole time, that pisses me off. too bad there are hardly any tablets around (except for the ipad) that have a 1024x768 screen.

ok, i'm gonna shut up for now,
hope i could bring you some good info,
greetz,
v.
vercetti is offline   Reply With Quote