View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 05:34 AM   #3
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
If it's possible on an e-ink reader, you'd need a rootable android device.

The Nook is the most stable rooted device. I've seen it running Quake 3...
The Sony is also rootable, but I don't think it's as stable.

For web browsing, you'd need to turn off the e-ink flashing. I understand this is possible with the Sony T2. Presumably this is possible in both devices once rooted.

No idea about attaching a hardware keyboard.

They have wifi.

Ultimately, if it's possible, you'd probably be best to look at a rooted a Nook. There is a software development sub-section in the Nook section where you could ask. You'd need to ask some technical questions to find out if it could be done.

Incidentally, why don't you want to use an Android phone or tablet?

Last edited by Rizla; 03-06-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote