View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
So when I first got my Kindle NT I left the settings for screen refresh to the default, that is, partial refresh of the screen where it only "flashes black" every 6th page turn. I was a bit put off by the "dirty screen" caused by some ghosting, so I set the screen refresh to flash back on each page turn.

It was like that for almost 2 months, I've read quite a few books with that setting turned on, not sure how many page turns. Anyway, this morning I decided to go back and give the "partial refresh" setting a try again. Surprise, surprise I don't notice the ghosting or dirty screen much at all now. It's actually quite readable even after the 5th page turn (before the black flash).

I'm wondering if the screen somehow improves over time with the constant "cleaning" of the screen from the all-black flash? I know there were other threads talking about how eventually the electronic ink doesn't "stick" as much to the screen which eliminated ghosting that some people saw on their screens when first taken out of the box.

Am I crazy?
I find temperature plays alot in ghosting. My K3 was ghosting bad the other day because it was so cold in here.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote