View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #42
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeonis View Post
However it still takes me too long to create an ePub/MOB/KF8 due to the Word to HTML bottleneck. I need to automate this.....

I build business eBooks with a lot of lists, notes and warning blocks, tables, images etc.
I certainly appreciate your desire for a quick & clean creation of html from Word, I see two problems here. The first is the need to automate: auto conversions don't ever seem to work very well, as witness all the complaints on the KDP forums about InDesign, Createspace, PDFs, not to mention Microsoft Word! Why not suck it up and determine to put a bit of work into your e-books? With 2,000,000 Kindle editions out there, supposedly increasing at the rate of 100,000 a month, the last thing we need is a new spate of five-minute wonders to dilute the market.

The other impediment is your "lists, notes and warning blocks, tables, images etc". E-books just aren't a very friendly environment for that sort of complexity.

I use word2cleanhtml.com online (not word2html). It is very nearly perfect, with a few quirks that soon become old friends and easy to fix. You do need to add a style sheet and put it in a template or frame of some sort.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote