View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbaffled View Post
I've been unable to get the Amazon kindlegen.exe program to work. However, I know that the Amazon Kindle Previewer works fine with prc files I've created using MobiPocket Creator. However my one hang-up is that Kindle looks for a toc.ncx file in addition to the toc.html file that suffices for MobiPocket Reader. The Kindle UserGuide explains that the toc.ncx is incorporated into the eventual prc/mobi file by two lines of code added to the opf file before the "build". To the "manifest" section is added <item id="toc" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml" href="toc.ncx"/> and the "spine" tag is adjusted with this attribute: <spine toc="toc">. Having added this code to the opf file, Mobipocket Creator won't "build" a prc/mobi file. It hangs. Does anyone know how to get around this problem?
I assume you have created a toc.ncx and put it where it needs to be?

Beyond that, I'd check very carefully to make sure the opf and ncx are well formed.

Mobipocket Creator definitely handles inclusion of toc.ncx. If you need an example to work with, you can download one from this page on Joshua Talent's Kindle Formatting web site.

And of course Kindlegen should work, too!
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote