View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
tmclough
Connoisseur
tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Un-DRMed ePubs, CoolReader, and the clock

I am currently reading three ebooks on my Pocket Pro. Each book seems to behave differently with regard to CoolReader and and the clock.

First off, Steven Lake's The Oort Perimeter: works fine under CoolReader with any clock setting.

Then there's my first Star Trek ebook to be purchased since the Agency 5 settled with Books On Board (sorry, couldn't keep waiting for EZRead to have them up and available), Sand and Stars: I stripped the DRM and did a lot of editing of the .css and .html files. If I read it under CoolReader just after turning the Pocket Pro on, before the clock has been set, I have no problem. However, if I set the clock, I can no longer read it--it either freezes the liseuse , or just goes back to the list of books.

And there's my second, and other, Star Trek book that I'm currently reading, the Millennium omnibus: Again, I stripped the DRM, did a lot less editing (but still had to do some), but now it won't work at all under CoolReader--if I set the clock, it behaves the same way as Sand and Stars; if I don't set the clock, it just goes back to the list of books. The book works fine, however, under ADE, which is how I have it set up currently.

Has anyone else come across a similar situation? Any possible solutions? Right now, I have an unset clock, and Millennium is configured to work under ADE. However, I would like to get them both working normally and under CoolReader.
tmclough is offline   Reply With Quote