View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 07:42 PM   #14
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Yep, I get it.

I do wonder a bit why you even bother anymore. Surely there is some other industry that would appreciate your talents more.
And indeed it did, but come 2008, that industry was effectively no more (developing 4- and 5-star resorts and hotels)...and I don't see it roaring back any time soon. (If it was, you'd be seeing commodity stocks for things like copper, etc., moving, and they haven't done s**t in 7 years.) Plus, even if it does: real estate development is a blood sport. It tends to have a lot of silverbacks and young turks. It was a tough, touch racket as a woman, in the first place, and I managed to navigate those waters for decades. When it crashed and burned in '08, I hadn't quite hit, er, "old" yet. (Ick..Let's say, "mature." Nah, let's say, "seasoned.") Now I have, and I think that unless the clients I used to have are building, finding NEW ones would be hard. While silverbacks are highly regarded in RE Development, old women are not. Sounds harsh, but only an idiot would disregard reality. I'm many things, but I don't think "idiot" is in that list.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote