View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
Mear
Mear began at the beginning.

Device: looking for the perfect one
Reader software features

I have to replace my Sony Reader T1 which was recently stolen, and honestly I'm not too depressed about it as I've been secretly longing for a Paperwhite since they came out. Only thing stopping me really is that I'm a fiddler - as in I'll root anything that can be rooted and if the settings aren't just so I'll happily risk bricking my device in an attempt to make it just so. I had the Amazon app installed on my Reader and was thrilled that I could actually have it both ways.

I'm considering the Kobo Aura, and the only reason I'm starting a new thread about this is that honestly I think most reviews focus too much on the specs and not enough on the software features, especially since it seems I can't tweak either of them as much as I normally would. So I'd like to hear what you guys think are good features of these readers.

I very much like the sound of the Kobos Beyond the book feature, but is it much different to the Kindles Xray? I seem to recall reading that the Kindle Xray only works on books you've bought from Amazon - is that true? If anyone's tried both, which do you think is best? Any other limitations on the Kindle as to what works on non-Amazon books...?

Last edited by Mear; 01-17-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Mear is offline   Reply With Quote