View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #19
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I found that the speed is what matters most. I ran CM7 on a 8 GB Kingston 4x card with virtually no problems. When I tried using a 10x card, I couldn't even get it to boot.
What matters for this use of SD card (i.e., running OS & Apps) is random read/write speeds for which Classes 4 & 2 outperform the higher Classes 6 & 10 which are optimized for sequential read/write speeds.

This thread contains benchmark results for a wide number of SD card brands and classes.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote