View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
Scanner recommendation?

Hello

So far I scanned a few books with my old Canon flatbed scanner. But this one has many disadvantages. The scanner is already about 8 years old (I guess) and it takes about 30 seconds to scan 1 page. And to make it worse: Canon doesn't support it anymore. The last driver version was made for XP (or Vista?) but there is no driver for Windows 7. I can only use it with Vuescan.

So I started looking around for a new scanner, one that allows to scan to the middle (the edge) of the book.

One that looks interesting is the PLUSTEK OpticBook 3600 (or similar Plustek Scanners).

Another one that I noticed is the Microtek XT3300. According to (german) Amazon, it is the worlds fastest scanner - less then 2 seconds for a page. As I said my old one needs about 30 seconds, so less then 2 seconds would be heaven for me. But I never heard of Microtek before, so I don't know if they are good.

So what do you know about this scanners? Which (other) scanner would you recommend? I know some people use cameras, but right now I am only interested in scanners.

Thanks in advance.
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote