View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 02:48 PM   #11
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Ah, I see where we disconnected-- I meant that having both versions might give the MISTAKEN impression that a story was LONGER than it actually is--thus making someone feel ripped off when they discovered it was a short story, repeated in another language.
Wow. Up until now, I was unaware that a service exists where one can check the size of the publication before the purchase.

Be it as it may, the solution is rather simple, the description of the book should clearly state that it contains both translation and the original version. If you, in addition, sneak in a "short story" qualifier somewhere into the description, I don't see how can anybody feel ripped off.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote