View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #36
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontaylor7 View Post
In my case I don't have an rtf source so I still don't know what to do. I have a mobi source and I want to convert it to epub. The right thing is to rewrite calibre so it stops ignoring tabs IMO. But, in the meantime, does anyone know of a workaround for me?
No one has a work around for you because you haven't adequately described your problem. Once again if you have a specific problem converting Mobi to ePub as indicated in the above quote, start a new thread. Follow the guidelines previously pointed out and we'll be glad to help. Converting from RTF and converting from Mobi are two very different beasts.

Quote:
Also. Things can always be improved. Please don't get in the way of that by pretending things are already perfect.
No one said calibre was perfect. Calibre is a tool for the reader not a tool for the publisher , writer or editor.

Quote:
For this reason, I ask that you treat this post differently from my others. (And don't delete it.)
I'm aware of only one thread having any posts deleted in the calibre forums over the last 4 years. That was in the plugins section and 5 or 6 posts strayed from what the MobileRead (green) moderators felt appropriate. Those posts were deleted. I don't believe you were part of that discussion. Other than that 1 instance (with the exceptions of deletions due to duplicate posts and user requested post deletions) I am unaware of any posts being deleted in the calibre forums.

I apologize if I'm wrong but your paranoia might be best directed to the forum that actually deleted posts of yours.

Good Reading.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-09-2013 at 11:14 PM. Reason: changed board to forum
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote