View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 06:48 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Also while we're at the topic. I occasionally convert foreign language books from epub to mobi, but it seems that Calibre is ignoring the language metadata in the epub and changes the language of the converted mobi file to English, if the UI language is English, which is rather annoying, because the Kindle OS uses the language information in mobi files for automatic dictionary selection.
I really hate having to change the UI language and restarting Calibre each time I process a non-English book just to make sure that the mobi file is encoded with the correct language.
There must be an easier way to do this with Calibre.
With the latest Calibre releases you can set the language in the Edit Metadata dialog. If you are doing that and it is not making it into the converted file I would think that it is a bug.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote