Thread: Hi from Pavel
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 05:01 AM   #1
odklizec
odklizec began at the beginning.

Hi from Pavel

Hi folks,

I'm visiting this forum for a long time but not introduced myself yet I'm a big fan of ebook reading and all this started with Java-enabled mobile phones. Born in CzechoSlovakia, last six years living in Slovakia.

I always loved reading books and read hundreds if not thousands of them. My first mobile ebook reading device has been Siemens SL45i. A fantastic phone with not as great screen but it was good enough for reading ebooks on the go. From that time I've used several other phones, some of them "smart" with bigger and brighter screen. Many friends laughed at me when saw me watching into the small mobile screen, without a visible sign of life and total loss of attention But what can I do if the book is soooo interesting?

My most favorite device for ebook reading (mainly at home) was Sharp Zaurus 5500. It was great and in my opinion, still not overcome PDA (maybe except by the successors SL-5600 and 6000). Unfortunately, the battery time of 5500 has not been as good as I expected, especially for long time reading. So I've sold it and now looking for a new device for home reading.

As I hope, my new device will be an e-ink based. But I'm still not decided which one. My hottest candidate (except the price) has been Iliad. But after revealing the truth that this device is not capable of "hibernation/suspend" and the battery time is still very poor, I'm no longer convinced this is the right choice, especially at this price tag. So I'm deciding between the Sony reader and "still upcoming" Hanlin V2. But because the current e-ink technology is still too new and with slow page-turn over or equal 1 sec, there is always a chance I will just buy another Zaurus (this time sl-6000) and wait patiently for more e-ink devices with longer battery time and faster page turn.
odklizec is offline   Reply With Quote