View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #16
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
i'm a long time veteran of the video game wars so exclusivity is old hat to me and really no big deal.

imo this is childish as hell of b&n. they took their toys and went home so their customers get nothing now. feel how you want about amazon but the b&n response was utterly juvenile, especially over a deal with an expiration date.

maybe i'm just a weirdo, i refuse to hate amazon. they're successful because they're smart businessmen and broker deals to benefit their customers and brand. any one of us would be cutting the same deals in their position. they're a business, not a charity. i don't know why people are so eager to tear down one of the last american companies that does right by their customers and isn't involved in shenanigans.
I may not have worded it quite as strongly/sternly, but I do agree. I think B&N is doing their customers a disservice and biting off their nose to spit their face.
If I were looking for a DC comic I certainly would have looked there with the expectation of buying something, unless, of course, I was looking for a very specific title. In that case, I would expect to have to search numerous places. With this move, however they would be ensuring not only the loss of that sale, but the loss of every other comic sale (DC, Marvel, or other) becuase I would no longer see them as a viable or reliable source.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote