Thread: Neo BeBook vs iRex iLiad
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
Redfox
aka Anne Lyle
Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redfox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
BeBook vs iRex iLiad

If any of you out there has owned both a BeBook/Boox and an iRex iLiad, how do they compare?

I bought an iLiad v2 back in early 2008, and whilst I've been pretty happy with it, I find it slow to boot, somewhat heavy and a little too big to fit into my smaller shoulder bags. I'm therefore thinking of getting a BeBook Neo as a replacement.

My main criteria, all of which the BeBook (I think) supports:

1. Has to handle PDFs well - text flowing would be ideal, but a reliable zoom + 90 degree rotation would be acceptable.

2. Has to permit annotation of PDFs and/or Doc files, and allow merge/export of annotations into the document

3. Has to be usable with my legacy ebooks (Mobipocket) as well as more current formats such as ePub

4. Has to be compatible with OS X via something a bit more user-friendly than a command-line script (not that I'm scared of the command-line, but it's something of a busman's holiday for a LAMP web developer like me!)

Any feedback much appreciated!

TIA
Redfox is offline   Reply With Quote