View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #31
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameli View Post
How well configurable is that? I occasionally read books lying on my side so I want text to go from up to down instead of left to right when looked from devices point of view. Is it possible to use that "tilt to turn" when in such position?
Yes it is.
The tilt angle is configurable.
You can tilt in various directions and the device still reacts.
Quote:
I take tehre is option to not orient text automatically but how easy/hard it is to configure device to different orientations when motion sensor is active?
There are 5 options - four directions and an Auto rotate.
When the "tilt to turn the page" option is active, you simply select one of four directions.
Quote:
For example I read book on my left side then turn to my back so I want change text from up to down to left to right. How fast I can change text orientation?
2 seconds, three button presses.
Press OK, select rotation, press for direction,

When lying on the side, you will want to choose 70° tilt angle, when reading with reader in horizontal position, you will want to set the tilt angle to about 30°.
The tilt angle can be set from 20° to 70° with 5° step.

It is really just a very clever hack and I do not use it personally, but this version of FBREader is about the 12th release of "wrist pageturn" edition, and both developers listen[ed] carefully to the needs of users that use this feature.
I personally use this version of FBReader, because you can set all 37 styles of text (as defined in FB2 speciffication (but you are really interested in "Regular paragraph", "chapter" and perhaps a couple more styles)) and for each style there are 14 parameters you can set.
  1. font
  2. base font
  3. bold
  4. italic
  5. vertical displacement
  6. allow hyphenation
  7. hyperlink type
  8. space before paragraph
  9. space after paragraph
  10. left indent (practically left margin)
  11. right indent
  12. first line indent
  13. text alignment
  14. line spacing
You can name set of styles and save it for later use.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote