View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 02:30 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Smoking is probably what killed your drive. I didn't know computers could still be purchased with a diskette drive.

Maybe you should upgrade your software to one which will allow you to make a ghost copy on a CD or external drive or USB drive.
my drive doesn't smoke. officially, i don't either anymore (except when my stupid computer is driving me MAD).

you can't use software on the disk to make a copy of the disk the software is running on. you also can't copy your system while your system is working. thus the bootable disquette. that's how it works. i had my computer built to my specifications. any tower can have a disquette drive. maybe "ready to wear" computers don't come with disquette drives anymore, i don't know, i never buy those. if they don't, it's probably because the people who buy them don't make disk images of their systems, if the computer breaks they hire someone to fix it (who probably reinstalls the system for them) or buy a new one.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote