View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #137
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
As a young girl, I always hated the default to he & his.
Made me think my gender wasn't as important as the other.

Adding a new non-specific genderless pronoun would only serve to confuse.

Referring to a person as "it" is demeaning, as "it" is for articles, and sub-human life-forms.
Not appropriate to use with humans, it's insulting.

Having friends who cross-dress and enter pageants for cross-dressers, I am good with referring to them as "they" as quite often they name their other persona...therefore being more than one individual!

And whatever gender an individual identifies with, I will call them whatever they prefer to be referred to as.

But I must say, when "Ban shakes their head" I do see a two-headed life form...
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote