View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 02:53 AM   #9
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSmillie View Post
There is one other option, though it might be fiddly - if you register the Kindle to one account, you can download the books on that account to the Kindle. You could then unregister the Kindle from that account, register it to the second account, and download the books on that account. Then repeat with the third account.

At any point in time, you'll only have access to the archived books for the account your Kindle is currently registered with, and wireless synchronisation will only be operational for the books on the currently registered account. So not a perfect solution, but it would be one way of being able to get all of the books onto your Kindle.
This is what my family members and I do, because we have personal accounts and another account we share.

It's actually pretty simple to log in and out between accounts to download the books we want from the archives, then log back in to our main account.

The only two restrictions i've come across are:

1) In K4PC, you can always see the covers of all the books you have downloaded, but can only open one while you're logged into the account you downloaded it from. (On Kindle devices, you can read any book once downloaded to them.)

2) When you deregister from your main account, your collections disappear. The books themselves remain, but the collection data is tied to the account itself.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote