View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
Hi Feifei, your question was interesting since I also read Chinese on my ebook reader, the Cybook Gen 3. However, since I also read in several European languages too, I found the dictionaries included on the Sony PRS-650 a big plus and bought one.
After reading your question, I went to the Shucang site and downloaded several Chinese ebooks in ePub format. I loaded them on the Sony reader and I am sorry to say that though they appear in the library page, they do not display the text at all except as little squares.
I am very satisfied with the way my Cybook displays Chinese texts in the MobiPocket format but it is getting a bit old now. I am looking to getting a BeBook Neo since it will also reads MobiPocket files and seems to handle pdf files better than other readers.
Maybe if you bought a Sony PRS-650 in China or Hong Kong, it might display Chinese. By the way, does you wife read Chinese in the simplified script or the classical script?
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote