View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #71
Nothingness
Zealot
Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nothingness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O Limited Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Calibre Portable is 32bit and it keeps everything in the directory into which its 'installed'

Kovid Goyal in Post 7 in this thread wrote

I'm not going to make a portable 64 bit version, 32-bits are portable, 64-bits are not. There are still lots of 32-bit windows systems around. You might be able to get it to work by manually replacing the contents of the Calibre folder in your 32 bit calibre portable directory with the contents of the the Calibre2 folder from a 64-bit calibre install.
That is NOT clear at all.

Beside, it does not even mention which folder to which folder.

There are many folders at different places for the 64 bits version, so there is a difference between the c/program files/ and c/user/name/app data folders.

Beside I don't like the idea of being forced to have any file in the c/user/name/app data or c/my documents, that is one of the many reasons I prefer to either have portable versions of apps or have the files in questions on another hard disk. So like that if the C partition crashes because of a virus or something, I don't lose anything.

Last edited by Nothingness; 12-30-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote