View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
Sorry to say, I'm about 90% confident that netflix won't play movies on the eDGe.
The android APK file actually includes 5 different (IIRC) linux libraries that are processor dependant and none of the supported devices uses a PXA processor. The application will crash when linux attempts to load the library. Basically, it appears that netflix android apps are really hybrid linux-andorid apps.
Not surprising since reading and rendering real time video at an approximately 720p resolution would be rather taxing for a java app (IMHO).
doesnt the netflix apps throttle down the pixels since its for mobile devices anyway? i saw the video on how the get neftlix to work on the nook color and all the guy did was change some settings on the build.prop file. it seems parts of the file created by netflix is used to restrict which device gets it. i wonder if for example HTC or Samsung had to pay a fee to have netflix serve availabe to their handsets to make them more marketable?? i also wonder if all the bluray players and TV set makers had to pay a fee too to have netflix license the apps to stream movies?

we know entourage does not like to pay for licensing which is why we can't get android marketplace on the PE.
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote