View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
I appreciate your previous efforts in producing ebooks in the ebookwise .IMP format. No need to be puzzled, as I will try to explain herein.

Unfortunately, the .IMP format supports two 'sizes'; one for the 320x480 16-grayscale ebook reader usually referred to as the EBW 1150; and another for the 480x640 32,768-color (different) ebook reader usually referred to as the REB 1200.

Both ebook readers were previously marketed by GEMSTAR, who allowed this confusing dual purpose .IMP format. The EBW 1150 is just a re-branded Gemstar eBook (GEB) 1150. Just a bit of history.

Even though the .IMP can be loaded onto the other device, it will not display properly if used on the wrong device!

Now, to answer your concerns, your .IMP ebooks work just fine (just that they are for the EBW 1150). I own a EBW 1150, but also a REB 1200. I believe many people may be in the same situation. RWood's full series is in EBW 1150 .IMP format; my version is only for the REB 1200.

To avoid confusing the two 'sizes', I have previously used a naming convention in which the '_1200.IMP' is for the REB 1200 and '.IMP' for the EBW 1150.

My title/post clearly stated that these were for the REB 1200. I have edited my original post to mentioned they were not for the EBW 1150.

I note that you use BD to produce your .IMP ebooks. It doesn't support (as far as I know) the REB 1200 .IMP format, so I don't think you can produce this format using BD. You would need the eBook Publisher software from http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/sup...r_download.htm . With this installed, you would be able to view both .IMP formats on your computer. It may be worth a try, to see the difference/similarities of both .IMP formats!

-Nick

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-06-2008 at 09:15 PM. Reason: fixed typos.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote