View Single Post
Old 11-24-2023, 02:16 PM   #9
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightree View Post
Which FW version would you advise for PW5?
Or whats the lowest FW version available for PW5?

Is it possible to just downgrade KPP app?
I've spent quite a bit of time getting rid of updates and other OS configuration, so would rather just downgrade KPP app than downgrade the whole FW.
That depends on you. I would start with the highest version that you can live with that is also less than 5.16.3

I've never heard of anyone replacing individual parts of the "OS" with older versions.

It's difficult that you have not said which fw version you are on and which prior versions you have experience with. There are a large number of different opinions over which firmware version is best.

It is still in an early stage, but have a look at the wiki page
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Firmware

There is usually a thread opened on the kindle forum whenever a new firmware is released. These usually mention new features, lost features, and various annoyances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightree View Post
Do you know which partition dev name/number in 5.16 developer keys are stored in?
The keys used to be in a file in /etc uks.somthing and starting in 5.16 they are in a squashfs, presumably in /etc

Even more recently executable binaries use the hardware floating point ISA.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote