View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #83
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
As a test... I followed the instructions for creating a dictionary here:

http://1manfactory.com/create-your-o...uage-for-free/

I created a dictionary file with a few names in it, tab delimited, and copied the resulting dictionary to the documents folder of a Kindle Touch. Took about 5 minutes. [started shortly after my last post]

Sure enough, it worked... when the word wasn't found in the main dictionary it automatically went to my new dictionary and showed me the "definition" that I'd come up with.

I believe that this would be a fairly trivial tool to create, if you could just export the names and Shelfari information in the tab delimited format of the dictionary creator tool's output.

LastName<tab>Shelfari Info
FirstName<tab>Shelfari Info
PlaceName<tab>Shelfari Info

Sure, it's not perfect... conflicts between books could give false positives... etc... but if people were willing to generate and copy on a file just before starting a big book and then remove it when done it could still be VERY useful.

I'll test again on my Kindle Keyboard shortly...

[Edit: Not working as well on the Keyboard... I'll play with it more... that said, could still make for an easier conversion experience for Touch and Paperwhite owners]

Last edited by twowheels; 10-05-2012 at 05:37 PM.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote