Thread: jetBook on CES
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #13
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
I am not sure I would say it looks the same as e-ink; it is very sharp, but it has a slightly different screen coloration.. a little darker, maybe browner than e-ink. That being said, it is very, very readable. I think from a readability perspective, the Jetbook's LCD doesn't really give anything up to the e-ink screens. Its batteries don't last quite as long; but they are still good for several days reading at a stretch.

--
Bill
I agree about screen coloration but it depends on the room illumination.
Did you try to set the smalest font size - 12 ? When you do it it's very good opportunity to see the quality of the screen. The problem that many people have zero knowledge about TFT screen that is not so popular in US market.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote