View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 12:36 PM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
It would help me if you would post your OCR methods (software, workflow, etc.). I started converting the Bobbsey Twins books and posting here. The first couple of books are available at Project Gutenberg, but there are several that are in the public domain, but not at PG. I found most of the missing ones at Google Books and downloaded the PDF file. (Not knowing how to approach OCRing the PDF, I also snatched a text version.) I bought the remaining ones on eBay and need to scan them.

So, when I'm done, I will have performed all the possible tasks to convert a book from the various available sources.
There is quite a bit of information on the wiki. It is hard to specify step by step because it is so dependent on the source and user methods. However I may create a simplified wiki how-to page if you think it will help. There are pages on on to use Book designer, OCR, and many other things.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote