View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #84
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just did what Kovid said to do, and what I expanded on - it works

I keep Calibre Portable 32 bit in C:\Program Files Portable\Calibre Portable 32 - this is an arbitrary location that happens to suit me.

I copied it to C:\Program Files Portable\Calibre Portable 64

I downloaded and installed 64bit Calibre (to C:\Program Files\Calibre2)

I then copied everything in C:\Program Files\Calibre2 to C:\Program Files Portable\Calibre Portable 64\Calibre - telling Windows to overwrite everything.

If you find the overwrite awkward - then delete everything in C:\Program Files Portable\Calibre Portable 64\Calibre before you do the copy.

I then ran C:\Program Files Portable\Calibre Portable 64\calibre-portable.exe

see attachment - look at the status line and the location of the config files.

I have not done any testing beyond "Oh look, it seems to work'

@nothingness - if you do what Kovid suggests (augmented by my cook book instructions) you should have a 64 bit Portable Calibre - which you can put wherever you like. As theDucks has pointed out the default library will be where the portable version of calibre lives - but you can create other libraries elsewhere.

BR

Now I'm off to rappel down the fiscal cliff - woo hoo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	98548  

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-01-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: add joke
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote