View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #54
Nathanael
Groupie
Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sibrary G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
I'm perplexed that somebody would truly expect otherwise, especially after "seeing" other events in the earlier films that were only described in the books (Gandalf's research in Gondor, etc.)
Since I'm the one who brought it up, I'll say I wasn't perplexed at seeing the scene; simply mentioning that it was one among many scenes in the movie that weren't in the book. Scenes such as the Paths (my bad) of the Dead and the other one pdurrant mentioned occur in the story, just off-stage.

I was perplexed at both the warg battle and the presence of elves at Helm's Deep; both were invented out of whole cloth, and are neither supported by nor in conformity with the books. The "old alliances" Haldir mentions as justification for the elves' presence were between the Eldar and the Edain. But Haldir was not of the Eldar (like Legolas, he and his comrades from Lothlorien were most likely Silvan elves who never made the journey to the Undying Lands) nor were the Rohirrim of the Edain, the Great Houses of Men from whom Aragorn and the Gondorians are descended.

Last edited by Nathanael; 12-07-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Nathanael is offline   Reply With Quote