View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #27
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntro View Post
Hi guys I'm looking to buy a tablet. I'm an illustrator so I plan on using the tablet as a portable portfolio with my digital works on it - also I'd be using it for reading PDF files. Based on the specs both the Kobo Arc and the Nexus 7 seem almost matched.

The biggest difference is the price. Kobo Arc is going to sell for $200 for 16g while the Nexus 7 is $250 for 16g. Is it worth waiting for the cheaper Arc?
A friend of mine did have a similar question: Kindle Fire HD or Nexus 7.
I guess, the answer is quite simple:
What's the main purpose for your gadget?
If you want to have a full blown tablet without any restrictions, Nexus 7 probably will be the easier and more convenient choice.
Normally, readers/tablets such as Kobo, Kindle or Nook have their limitations.
Kindle obviously isn't that much interested to open their ecosystem to Nook or Kobo apps fro example.
There are workarounds, but why bother?

I've bought the Kindle Fire HD myself.
I won't root it.
I bought it for the Kindle books and to some extent for the rest of the Amazon ecosystem. It's perfect for that.
But if I need the Google Play store and all the other Android apps: Why jump through loops instead of going the easy way?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote