View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #435
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
You might want to give ShubookSE a try.
I haven't used it enough to give a real recommendation, but I think it satisfies all the requirements above.
It feels a lot like Stanza but with a Far-Eastern focus, I would say that they have very definitely aped a lot of the Stanza interface.
Not bad. I actually tried Shubook about a year ago before Stanza got an update for iOS 5, and at that time it was very rough and didn't have all these features. It has improved a lot since then and is very Stanza-like now, but it does lack organization. Stanza will read the tags in all your books and group them accordingly. But apart from missing that, Shubook appears to be the best alternative to Stanza on iOS.

Still, as a whole, the reader apps for Android are so much better than what's available for iOS. It isn't even close. Why are there so many good options for Android but so very few for iOS? I've never understood why.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote