View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #11
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post
Ok I'm feeling like a complete goofus here. I've been tinkering with this since the linreb post by nrapallo and can not make the surfing work. Not even google. In fact the only external site that I can get to load is ebookwise.
OK, what follows is specifically for linux users... Windows users need not do this.

Quote:
Impserve isn't giving me any errors this is what I get in the terminal where impserve is running when I try to access the mobile read forums.
Code:
127.0.0.1 - - [04/Sep/2008 14:50:36] "GET https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128 HTTP/1.0" 200 -
So that looks right I think.
This does look OK!

What port are you using for impserve, eb1150 and the EBW1150? Do the EBW1150 reader settings match i.e. proxy 127.0.0.1 port 9090 and both HTTP options checked!

How/where do you 'click' to get the EBW1150 to send that GET request? Please give details. Also, do you have privoxy installed from the Linreb days (oh, just last month...). If so, uninstall it (and reboot)!

Quote:
Then in eb1150 gives me this.

...stuff removed...

Once the Recv: 0 bytes starts thats is all that I will get. The reader shows the communicating with ebook network bar but nothing ever gets loaded.

Any ideas?
Can you get a booklist sent to the reader from your 'Online Bookshelf'? i.e. 'shelf' directory in the impserve install directory

Are you able to load .imp files from the 'shelf' directory? If not, then impserve can't surf if it can't communicate with the reader. If so, can you try deleting a .imp ebook in your 'Online Bookshelf' to see if the communications are working 100%. Before you do this deleton, please have a backup copy of that .imp!

Just quessing, but does impserve require any special root permissions in linux?

I will try using impserve with eb1150 in linux on my netbook, but I don't have it with me right now. I'll see how far I get (given that I do know what to expect/look for having used it in windows already! ).

Anyone else using linux want to chime in...

p.s. if you do get surfing to work make sure to refer to this beginner's post!

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-04-2008 at 04:52 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote