View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #4
jwhayn
Enthusiast
jwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with others

Device: Kindle Voyage
Fixed -- some

I uninstalled Bookdesigner and then the Intuit TurboTax Deduction Finder (based on a note about another program being broken by Deduction Finder)and then reinstalled Bookdesigner. It now works for every conversion EXCEPT the Sony Reader. When I select Sony Reader after loading the book, nothing happens now. No error, no new window, nothing. The Libre and other conversions work normally.

I have uninstalled BD and installed it in multiple places -- no change. I suspect that one of the asummed libraries or other system files has either been clobbered, replaced by an older version, or there is an incompatibility with the new version. I am not anywhere near expert enough to define properly my suspicions, much less solve the problem.

I have to dual boot to XP to use BookDesigner for the Sony reader. Groan.

UPDATE: This is now old news. It works fine with Vista 32 assuming you follow the later posts.

Last edited by jwhayn; 01-16-2008 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Status update
jwhayn is offline   Reply With Quote